WHO ARE WE?
Faith of Christ Ministries (FOFCM) is a non profit organization in the USA that sponsors and financially supports Christian missionaries overseas. We currently have two full time missionaries (1 in India, 1 in Nepal) and two part time missionaries (in India) who participate in tract distribution, literature tables, Bible conferences and small group Bible studies with local people in their areas. Four or more different language groups are reached (Bengali, Hindi, Nepali and Orriya) with a few others (English, Maithili, Tamil and Telegu). The FOFCM missionaries believe that God is sovereign in saving those whom He will to go to Heaven and that the popular Signs and Wonders, Miraculous Healings and Prosperity teachings that are taught by many Christian groups are not from God, but a misunderstanding of Scripture or a desire for material things which ultimately reject the authority of God’s Word, the Bible.
Below are some things that Faith of Christ Ministries understands to be truths from the Bible.
- The Bible (66 books) is the divine fully inspired Word of God and nothing else. The closest to the original texts of the Bible are the Greek Textus Receptus and Byzantine New Testament texts and the Masoretic Old Testament text.
- Man is dead in sins and trespasses and will never come to God for salvation on God’s terms unless God saves him/her first (must experience the birth from above).
- God has chosen to save a people for Himself (the elect) of every tribe and nation before the foundations of the world based on His good pleasure, not on any good thing found in the elect, but totally according to His grace.
- God has chosen a limited number of people to be saved (the elect). Jesus Christ as eternal God was crucified for the sins of the elect only, not for all mankind.
- God irresistibly draws sinners to Himself when He saves them. God does not offer salvation to anyone but commands all mankind to believe on Christ.
- God preserves those who He has saved in their earthly life forever to salvation. None of the elect will lose their salvation.
- The death of Jesus Christ is the only acceptable payment for sins in the eyes of God.
- Jesus Christ is eternal God (the Son) as is the Holy Spirit in the Bible.
- Salvation is by the grace of God, not in any way by the work of man. Man contributes his sin which is in rebellion against Almighty God. His good works are as filthy rags in His sight.