10. Sunday being the first day of the week is the Sabbath of the New Testament that began when Christ was raised from the dead. Other Old Testament laws such as animal sacrifices, clean and unclean foods and things pertaining to the Old Testament temple have been fulfilled as types of the person and/or work of Jesus Christ and therefore are no longer to be observed today. Otherwise these practices deny Christ’s finished work.
Colossians 2:16-17, Hebrews 10:1, Galatians 5:3-4, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
11. Divorce and/or remarriage are sin and are a denial of the perseverance of the saints.
Malachi 2:16, Matthew 19:4-6, Romans 7:2, Ephesians 5:25-28
12. Physical water baptism brings NO salvation as any good works will bring NO salvation.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:22 Psalm 49:7 John 4:2 (Judas was one of the disciples baptized in physical water)
13. Good works (holy living) are to be evident in the professing follower of Christ that can only be credited to God working in them to do of His good will and pleasure.
Ephesians 2:10, Philippians 2:12-13, Titus 3:8, Colossians 1:10
14. The true believer is commissioned to bring the gospel of the Bible to the whole earth.
Proverbs 22:21, Matthew 28:18-19, Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8
15. The true believer is to deny Him/Herself as much as possible to get the gospel out into the world.
Matthew 16:24, Romans 12:1, Romans 10:14-15
16. The Charismatic/Pentecostal teachings that speaking in tongues and miraculous healings are a sign of God working today as He did before the Bible was completed is unbiblical false teaching. These obscure or hide the truth about the need for forgiveness of sins.
Isaiah 8:20, Matthew 12:39, 24:24, 2 Corinthians 5:7, 2 Timothy 3:16,17, Revelation 22:18-19.
17. Christ will return on the last day of this Earth’s existence to judge the living and dead which immediately after will usher in the new Heavens and Earth for His elect sheep and the lake of fire (eternal damnation) for all the unsaved of human history. There will be no political reign of Christ on this sin cursed earth after HE returns since Satan will have been thrown into the lake of fire. We disagree with the premillennial/dispensational and post millennial/preterit views of the study of end times.
Matthew 24:3, 29-31, Acts 3:19-21, 1 Corinthians 15:23-24, Acts 24:14-15, John 6:39-40.
18. Hell is eternal in character as the new heavens and earth are eternal in character.
Matthew 25:41, 46, Mark 3:29, 9:43-48, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 14:10-11
19. Most if not all church congregations in our day have given the appearance of falling away from being under the authority of the Bible and rather act as though they are an authority over the Bible. God knows the hearts of all and will bring His judgment on all the world, including the unfaithful professing Christian churches which should know better. Membership in a church is no guarantee of salvation.
Acts 5:1-11, 20:29, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, Hebrews 10:30-31, 1 John 2:19, Revelation chapters 2 & 3
20. The true believer must judge righteous judgment and yet must be humble (harmless as doves yet wise as serpents). He/she is not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers and be mature in Christ.
Proverbs 14:16, 15:2,24,31, Hosea 14:9,, Malachi 3:18, Matthew 10:16, John 7:24, Philippians 2:5-8, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16, Hebrews 5:14, 2 Peter 3:18
21. We are not to make an image of God the Father, Son or Holy Spirit which includes images of Christ and the Holy Spirit (i.e. as a dove).
Exodus 20:4, Deuteronomy 4:16, 5:8, 27:15, Psalm 97:7, Isaiah 42:17, 44:17, 45:20, Jeremiah 10:14, Acts 15:20, 1 Corinthians 5:10,11, 6:9, 2 Corinthians 6;16, ! Thessalonians 1:9, 1 John 5:21, Revelation 9:20
22. The Bible teaches that the Lord created the heavens and earth in six literal twenty-four-hour days, not billions of years.
Genesis 1:31, 2:1, 2, Exodus 20:11, 31:17
23. We are not to speculate on topics in the Bible and say “Thus saith the Lord.” We are to rightly divide the word of truth and not be tossed to and fro by every wind (spirit) of doctrine. If we are not sure of something that the Bible speaks about, we should not utter all our mouth on the subject and be careful that we are not adding or taking away from the Bible, the Word of God.
Proverbs 30:6, Ephesians 4:14, 1 Timothy 1:10, 2 Timothy 2:15, 3:16, 17, 4:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:21, Titus 1:9, 2:1